San Juan County
support: (360) 378-2354

My Portal

Apply, renew, view status of permits, schedule inspections
Go »

Parcel Search

Find and review parcel information
Go »

Welcome to the San Juan County Online Permit Center!

The Permit Center website and interface are being updated. Major changes to the application process can be found here

To apply for permits, applicants must register if they have not previously. Find registration instructions here.

Burn permits are now available in the Permit Center. For guidance in applying, see instructions here. For missing or incorrect address information, email GIS staff.

Use the Online Permit Center only on desktop computers or laptops. The Permit Center will not function correctly on phones or tablets, and must be used in Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer version 11 or later. Instructions for changing the default browser in Windows can be found here.

  • Health & Community Services applications and fees must be submitted in-person or via mail directly to the Health Department. 
    • Find out if you need a Certificate of Water Availability here.
    • Find the water availability application here.
    • Find out what documentation you need for sewage systems here.
    • Find information on how to obtain an on-site sewage system design here.
  • Find stormwater information and forms here.

Request a building inspection by logging into My Portal, or by calling the Building Inspection Hotline at 360-378-6270. Check the inspection schedule after 9 a.m. on the morning of your inspection to see where you fall in that day's sequence. Inspections are not available on holidays.

Inspections for particular islands occur according to the following schedule:

Island Day of the Week
Blakely Monday & Thursday
Brown Tuesday & Friday
Center Wednesday
Decatur Wednesday
Henry Tuesday & Friday
James Tuesday & Friday
Lopez Wednesday
Obstruction Monday & Thursday
Orcas Monday & Thursday
Pearl Tuesday & Friday
San Juan Tuesday & Friday
Shaw Monday & Thursday
Stuart Tuesday & Friday
Waldron Monday & Thursday

Find your parcel number here.

Do you need help determining if a land use permit is required for your proposal?  Ask a question or request assistance from DCD staff here.

Other services

Use the 'Reports' button to see several queries you can run against the data in San Juan County's permitting system.  Monthly reports are for the current year only and will require entry of the number equivalent to the month you want to view.  For example, for data from May 2023, enter '5'.

Use the 'Documents' button to access applications and guides.

Other services